Friday 5 April 2013

The Terrible, Teething Two's

***Warning*** This is a venting Mom post, readers beware!

Hayden has been breaking his two year molars and for almost a week now he has been completley miserable. He whines and cries all day, he won't eat or drink, he won't play with other kids or us....I can't even look at him without him freaking out! The doctor was no help after an hour and a half wait. He had a fever and threw up last weekend and Easter was a total bust as he protested dinner and the hunt I organized. To add to that he started a new daycare/pre-school and we got called to pick him up after 2 hours the first day as he wouldn't stop crying. I don't think they like the new kid!

Help me fellow Mommys!!!! Where is my happy child? How long will the madness last? I am beginning to  be concerned about his health and well being and I need to know I am not alone. Needless to say his teeth are sucking the life and sanity out of my husband and I.

When will my baby be back to normal?

xx Kelly Pin It

4 comments :

  1. Kelly, so sorry to hear you guys are battling with Hayden! Poor baby! It is so sad when they hurt and you can do nothing to help them & they can't tell you what is wrong. Sounds like you need a new doctor or take him to a walk in clinic maybe get a new outlook on the issue. It's not fair to any of you, especially him. It can't be good for him to go on this long.
    I hope it all calms down soon for you. Hang in there. We have to be there for the good and the bad, loving them just the same.
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and so do I! He is just one of the few that get it really bad and I feel awful for him, very helpless too. He is a little better today but not much so fingers crossed!

      xx

      Delete
  2. I remember going through this with Emma when she was little. It was the worst thing seeing her growing through that and feeling so helpless to make her feel better. The only thing that I found to work for her (and I tried EVERYTHING) was the rings you can buy and freeze. I got mine at target. I kept about five in the freezer at the time and her sucking on those seemed to calm her within a few minutes. Needless to say those were on heavy rotation in my house. I hope he feels better soon!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comment, I have tried the rings but he refuses. It's tough because he is at an age where he knows what he wants...and doesn't wan. I got an amber teething necklace yesterday so we"ll see if that helps!

      xx Kelly

      Delete