Sunday 17 February 2013

Kabobs Sans Grill


In an effort to get out of my "winter" cooking habits I wanted to make a dish somewhat reminiscent of summer. So I made kabobs. Now I am not one to brave the cold and fire up the grill so I kept the cooking inside and did them in the oven and the result was fantastic.

~ marinated chicken breast diced cut into cubes
~ onions cut in 1x1 inch squares 
~ mushrooms quartered

I then baked at 375 for about 25 minutes.
I served with rice pilaf and a simple cucumber salad {thin sliced cucumbers tossed in tzatziki}
I covered the wood handles on my skewers with tinfoil to avoid burning.
What do you love to cook in the summer?

xx Kelly
Pin It

4 comments :

  1. Looks SO good!

    http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very hungry now so this post is killing me! ))
    LA By Diana Live Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMM this looks so YUMMY!!!

    xo
    Deanne

    MyFashAvenue.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yum and I am tempted to cook up something for me:) And what do I like to cook in the summer?? Nothing if I have my way!
    Lovely post as always!
    best, zia
    http://tisallaboutthefashion.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete