Thursday 15 November 2012

Marathon Mama!

A few weeks ago I accomplished a pretty incredible goal of mine. I ran a half marathon! I haven't always been a runner but since having a child I have come to love it. There are so many reasons I now look forward to a good run. As a busy, working mother and wife I have learned to truly value some hard earned "me" time! When I run I can put the stress of the day behind me. It's a chance to clear my head and take in the beauty that surrounds me. Not to mention I'm getting exercise!!! Bonus! Plus, when my hubby isn't home to watch Hayden while I run, I take him with me!


Life is so busy which makes it that much more important to find a physical activity that you enjoy. When my hubby isn't home to watch Hayden while I run, I take him with me! I am so happy that I found running. The feeling of pride overcame me when I completed my first half marathon. By the way...that's 13 miles/21 kms which I ran in 2 hours and 4 minutes! While I have no desire to ever do a full marathon and run for over 4 hours straight, I plan on doing one half marathon a year. I'm the kind of person who needs goals and achieving them only drives me more!

What are your fitness goals and what motivates you? Pin It

No comments :

Post a Comment