Monday 12 November 2012

Stepford Wife vs. Living Life

They say distance makes the heart grow fonder. On my way home from a weekend of self discovery and exploration I realize I miss my family dearly and it's only been 3 days. I'm excited to get home to them and hug them and kiss them and show them how very much I love them.

In the past few days I learned many things about myself. Perfection is impossible. By being too focused on the lists and routines and to dos I can miss precious moments. I can forget who I am on the inside. Here is where I found myself conflicted. I love perfection and I often strive for it. One of my all time favorite movies is The Stepford Wives.

2004


 







1975











No I don't want to be a robot, however, I want to be super mom and look great doing it! Is this realistic? Not so much! Moving forward I'm going to try to be more relaxed and live in each moment fully without always thinking about what the next step is.

Pin It

2 comments :