Friday 2 March 2012

Smell the Roses...

As I try to maintain order and organization in my day to day life I often find myself bored. We create routines that we feel obligated to stick to which can cause us to miss beautiful and simple moments. Every night my husband and I make dinner for ourselves and our one year old son and rush through cleaning up, bath time and preparing for the next day. We often forget to step outside and take in the beauty that surrounds us.

I am quite sure for myself this is a small case of the winter blues. A few nights ago I was reminded of British Columbia's breathtaking scenery while taking out the garbage. Although I cannot wait for spring and summer, this foggy evening was something to remember. I was quick to grab my phone and capture the moment before it passed.

Enjoy the little moments that take you by surprise this weekend!
Pin It

1 comment :

  1. YES! Too many of us are in too much of a rush to get things done that DON'T matter. I read something once that will ever stick in my mind. A mom, driven to keep a perfect house at the expense of spending time with her children, was reminded of one thing: Will the kids, when they grow up, remember the house was clean or messy? No. Will they remember the time spent with their mom doing things together? Yes! Stop, and smell the roses, they are all around us.

    ReplyDelete